Happy Friday Mighty Hawk Band!
Congratulations to everyone who performed at last night’s UIL Preview Concert as well as the Chamber Music Showcase. We couldn’t be more proud of the performances and Mr. Merrill had some wonderful feedback for the bands as we continue to prepare for the upcoming BISD Pre-UIL Contest as well as the actually UIL Concert and Sight Reading Contest in mid-April.
We hope that everyone has a restful and fun filled Spring Break and best of luck to the BHS Winter Guard as they compete at their 3rd contest of the season tomorrow at South Grand Prairie High School!
The schedule for the week is as follows:
· NTCA Winter Guard Contest #3 @ South Grand Prairie High School
o 5:00pm Performance
Spring Break – No School / Enjoy your time off!!!
· March 12th-20th
Jazz Dinner Auction – With the Jazz Dinner Auction Soon Approaching (Friday, April 8th) we are still working to secure donations. If you have Season Tickets to sporting events (Cowboys, Rangers, Stars, FC Dallas) or Season Concerts (Dallas or Fort Worth Symphony) might you consider donating a game or concert? Do you have or know someone that has a vacation condo that you might consider donating a week or weekend? Gift Certificates are great too! (a round of golf or a nice dinner somewhere) No donation is too big or too small. Please email Danielle Manning ( Danielle.Russell-Manning@aa.com ) regarding your donation or with any Jazz Dinner Auction questions in general. Thank you all so much for your help and support. This is event would not be a success without you. J
Upcoming Spring Semester Dates
· March 12th - 20th Spring Break / No School
· March 12th – Saturday / Winter Guard NTCA Contest #3 @ South Grand Prairie High School
· March 21st – Monday - Wind Ensemble Rehearsal 3:00-5:00pm
· March 23rd – Wednesday – Concert Band Rehearsal / Clinic with Ms. Lansford 3:15-4:45pm
· March 24th – Thursday – Symphonic Band Rehearsal / Clinic with Ms. Lansford 3:00-5:00pm
· March 25th – Friday – 5th Period Jazz Band and Jazz Ensemble Clinic with Tim Ishii in class
· March 25th – Friday – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal 3:00-5:00pm
· March 26th – Saturday – NTCA Winter Guard Championships @ Lewisville High School
· March 28th – Monday – Clinic with Jeff King during All Band Classes
· March 28th – Monday – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal 3:00-5:00pm
· March 30th – Wednesday - Concert Band Rehearsal / Clinic with Ms. Lansford 3:15-4:45pm
· March 31st – Thursday – BISD Pre-UIL Contest @ Haltom High School
o Concert Band Performance 2:30pm
o Symphonic Band Performance 4:00pm
o Wind Ensemble Performance 6:30pm
· April 1st – Friday – Half Day of School / Wind Ensemble Rehearsal 11:45-12:45pm
· April 2nd – Saturday – UTA Jazz Festival
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Director of Bands
Birdville High School