Happy Sunday Day Mighty Hawk Band!
Congratulations to the Birdville High School Jazz Bands for having fabulous performances at the Collin County Jazz Festival this past Saturday. Both the Jazz Ensemble and the Fifth Period Jazz Band (FPJ) were selected as the “Outstanding Band” in their room as well as being awarded multiple “Outstanding Musician” awards. It was a great day for Birdville High School Jazz program. J
Congratulations also goes out to the Birdville High School Winter Guard for having a great final performance of the competitive season at the NTCA Winter Guard Championships this past Saturday at Flowermound High School. We couldn’t be more proud of you guys.
The schedule for the week is as follows:
Monday – Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
· 3:00 - 4:00pm Concert Band Rehearsal (Final Rehearsal before UIL)
· 4:00 – 5:00pm Symphonic Band Rehearsal (Final Rehearsal before UIL)
· 5:00 – 6:30pm Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
Tuesday – UIL Concert and Sight Reading Concert (Sub Non Varsity & Non Varsity)
· 9:30am Concert Band Performance
· 1:50pm Symphonic Band Performance
Wednesday – UIL Concert and Sight Reading Concert (Varsity)
· 11:25pm Wind Ensemble Performance
· 12:10pm Sight Read
· 1:00pm Lunch at Alliance Town Centre
· 2:15:pm Depart for BHS
· 2:40pm Arrive back at BHS
Thursday – Winter Park Symphonic / Concert Band Rehearsal / Percussion Ensemble Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 5:00pm – Winter Park Symphonic / Concert Band Rehearsal (Band Hall)
· 3:15 – 4:30pm – I Ching Percussion - Ensemble Rehearsal
· 4:30 – 5:45pm – Beyond the Clouds - Percussion Ensemble Rehearsal
· 5:45 – 6:00pm – Feeling of Coming Home - Percussion Ensemble Rehearsal
Friday – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
· 3:00 - 5:00pm Wind Ensemble Rehearsal (Band Hall)
· Percussion Move to Auditorium / Sound Check
Saturday – Percussion PASIC Recording Session
· 9:00am – 12:00pm – Percussion Recording Session
A message from our Jazz Dinner Auction Chair Mrs. Carrasco – With our 10th annual Jazz Dinner and Auction one month a way, we are asking everyone for gift card donations for our gift card wall. Bring a $5-$20 gift card to be sold at face value at the dinner. Please turn them in to Mr. Cheripka.
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Mike Cheripka Director of Bands Birdville High School Birdville Independent School District