Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
The schedule for the week is as follows:
Monday – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal / Symphonic Band Woodwinds / Concert Band Woodwinds
· 3:00 – 5:00pm Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Symphonic Band Woodwind Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:00pm Concert Band Woodwind Rehearsal
Tuesday – Chamber Ensemble Showcase! (BHS Cafeteria)
· 3:00 – 4:00pm – Set Up
· 4:00 – 6:00pm – Performances
· 6:00 – 6:15pm – Everyone Help Clean Up
· 6:15pm – Go Home J
Wednesday – Concert Band Rehearsal / All Piano Music Is Due / Wind Ensemble Brass
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Wind Ensemble Brass
· 3:15 – 4:45pm Concert Band Rehearsal
· All Piano Accompaniment Parts to you Solos are due by the end of you Band Class
Thursday – Symphonic Band Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:30pm – Wind Ensemble Woodwind Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:00pm Concert Band Brass
· 3:00 – 5:00pm Symphonic Band Rehearsal
Friday – 8th Grade Marching Clinic #1 / Dinner Auction Section Baskets are Due
· All Dinner Auction Section Baskets are due by the end of the School Day
· 5:00 – 7:00pm 8th Grade Marching Clinic #1
· All current 9th graders should plan to attend
· Anyone planning to audition for the 2021-2022 Leadership Team Should Plan to Attend
Upcoming Jazz Dinner Auction – A Note From Our Dinner Auction Chair
On behalf of the Birdville High School Mighty Hawk Band we are requesting your support of the Annual Jazz Dinner and Auction, a very special event that highlights the accomplishments of the Jazz Bands and helps raise funds for the continuation of the band program and Birdville High School. The Jazz Dinner and Auction will be held on Friday, April 30th at the Hurst Conference Center Park Garage Rooftop.
We are hoping this year’s event will be a tremendous success, raising $15,000 - $20,000 for the Band.
The Jazz Dinner/Auction is one of our biggest fundraising events of the year. The money raised from this event helps to keep our band fees at a minimum. This is where we need your help! We need items to auction off.
If you have items or services to donate for the auction please email Danielle Russell-Manning and email@example.com or call/text (480) 432-5694 to donate items. In past years we have auctioned off Cowboys, Rangers, and Stars Tickets, Vacation Get-A-Ways, American Airline miles, TVs, Apple products, Golf Tickets, and lots of Mighty Hawk Band keep sakes just to name a few . We cannot do any of this without the support of our Band Family and need your help. No item donation or service is too small. In return for your donation, we would like to offer you the following promotional consideration:
Recognition in the dinner program
Recognition on auction signage
Recognition on the Mighty Hawk Band website
Recognition on all Mighty Hawk social media venues
Thank you so very much for your consideration and willingness to support our program.
Danielle Russell-Manning (Jazz Dinner / Auction Chair)
The Count Down Begins!
· April 6th –BHS Jazz Band Concert with Colleyville Heritage High School 7:00pm (BHS Auditorium)
· April 20th – BHS Ensemble Recital 4:00 – 6:00pm (BHS Café)
· April 23rd – 8th Grade Marching Clinic #1 – 5:00 – 7:00pm (BHS Practice Field)
· April 30th – Jazz Dinner and Auction – 7:00pm (Hurst Convention Center)
· May 4th – BHS Band Banquet – 7:00pm (Bowden Hotel)
· May 6th – BHS Cluster Percussion Concert 7:00pm (BHS Auditorium)
· May 7th – BHS Cluster Solo Contest 4:30 – 8:00pm (BHS)
· May 11th – BHS Senior Recognition / Spring Concert 7:00pm (BHS Main Gym)
· May 14th – BHS Concerto Contest 6:00pm (Gateway Church)
· May 17th –8th Grade Marching Clinic #2 5:00 – 7:00pm (BHS Practice Field)
· May 18th – 2021-2022 Jazz Band Auditions
· May 19th – Incoming Freshman Concert Band Placement Auditions
· May 20th – 2021-2022 Leadership Auditions
· May 22nd –2021-2022 Mighty Hawk Marching Band Parent Meeting 9:00am
· May 25th – May Camp ½ day #1 4:30 – 6:30pm (Outside Marching)
· May 26th – May Camp ½ day #2 4:30 – 6:30pm (Inside Playing)
· May 27th – BHS Graduation (Globe Life Field) 4:00pm (band is not performing)
· May 28th – May Camp Full Day #3 8:00-11:00am (Outside Marching) 1:00 – 4:00pm (Inside Playing)
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Director of Bands
Birdville High School
Birdville Independent School District