Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
Congratulations on a great final week of Summer Band. We’re looking forward to our first performance at the end of summer band Preview Show this coming Thursday evening at the FAAC.
The schedule for the week is as follows:
Monday – First day of school / Welcome back!
· 3:30 – 6:30pm Varsity Rehearsal
Tuesday – Preview Show Dinner Ticket $10 Due / Tuesday Rehearsal
· Preview Show Dinner Ticket $ due during your band class / 10:00am
Tickets are $10 ea. Checks payable to BUBB. Must purchase tickets in advance. Limited availability at event so please turn in your money today.
· 3:30 – 4:15pm Non Varsity Rehearsal
· 4:15 – 6:30pm Varsity Rehearsal
Wednesday – Enjoy your evening off / Mighty Hawk Band Freshman Night
· 3:00 – 4:00pm Freshman Only / Freshman must attend
Thursday – End of Summer Band Preview Show
· 3:00 – 4:00pm – Rehearsal / Run Through
· 4:00 – 6:00pm – Go Home / Shower / Eat Dinner
· 6:00pm – Band Hall Opens for all Band Members
· 6:30pm – Inspection – Dress is Show Shirt, Black Rehearsal Shorts, and Rehearsal Shoes - Yes you’ll need your water jug
· 6:30 – 7:45pm Gates Open / Dinner Served for Parents
· 6:50 – Warm - Up
· 8:00 – 9:00pm End of Summer Band Preview Show
Friday – Enjoy your night off!
Classroom Supply Donations – Each year we ask for every family to please bring a few classroom supply donations for the band hall. This year we are asking for two packages of “Bic #2 Mechanical Pencils” and two 36 pack cases of bottled water. The Mechanical pencils will be used for the students to mark their music with. The bottled water will be used for all meals throughout the season, as well as for pre-performance warm-up at contests. We are asking for these to be in if at all possible by the end of the day on Friday. All donations can be dropped off in the front of the band hall.
CDL Drivers Out there??? – We are currently looking for any parents that have their CDL class A liscense and would be interested and willing to help drive the Mighty Hawk Band Semi Truck from time to time. We currently have one CDL driver who’s volunteered to drive for us from timeto time but would love to have more folks involved. If you have your CDL and would like to drive, please contact Mr. Cheripka at Mike.Cheripka@birdvilleschools.net
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Mike Cheripka Director of Bands Birdville High School Birdville Independent School District