Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
Congratulations on a great performance at the 20th annual Mighty Hawk Band Preview Show! It was wonderful to see so many alumni come back to watch the performance and tell me how much they like the show. What a great way to start the season. We’re looking forward to our first football game this coming Friday vs. Keller Central.
The schedule for the week is as follows:
Monday – Varsity Rehearsal
· 3:30 – 6:30pm Varsity Rehearsal
Tuesday – Letter Jacket Fittings during Band Classes / Tuesday Rehearsal
· Anyone who believes they are eligible for their Band Letterman Jacket will be fitted during their band class
· 3:30 – 4:15pm Non Varsity Rehearsal
· 4:15 – 6:00pm Varsity Rehearsal
Wednesday – All Region Sectionals (Required for Wind Ensemble members / all are welcome to attend)
· 3:00 – 4:00pm Clarinets – Cheripka / Euphoniums – Hackworth / Flutes - Chang
· 4:00 – 5:00pm Trumpets – Cheripka / Tubas – Hackworth / Oboe - Chang
Thursday – Varsity Rehearsal
· 3:30 – 6:00pm Varsity Rehearsal
Friday – BHS vs. Keller Central Home Football Game (FAAC)
· 3:00 – 3:45pm – Rehearsal / Run Through
· 3:45 – 5:30pm – Go Home / Shower / Eat Dinner
· 5:30pm – Band Hall Opens / Come Dressed in Black Show Shirt, Compression Shorts, Black Socks
· 6:00pm – Inspection in Cafeteria in full uniform
· 6:15pm – Head to Stadium (Yes you need your water jug & flip folder / lyre)
· 6:45pm – Pre-Game Performance of the 2019 Spirit Show
· 7:00pm – Kick Off
· 8:30pm ish – Half Time Performance of Mvt. 1 & 2
· 10:00pm ish – Game Ends / Head up to BandHall / Group Dismissal / Parent Pick Up
Classroom Supply Donations – Each year we ask for every family to please bring a few classroom supply donations for the band hall. This year we are asking for two packages of “Bic #2 Mechanical Pencils” and two 36 pack cases of bottled water. The Mechanical pencils will be used for the students to mark their music with. The bottled water will be used for all meals throughout the season, as well as for pre-performance warm-up at contests. If you were unable to bring your donations in last week, please try to get them in before Friday. All donations can be dropped off in the front of the band hall. Thank you!
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Mike Cheripka Director of Bands Birdville High School Birdville Independent School District