Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
I’d like to thank everyone for being an awesome audience and making our End of Summer Band Preview Show last Tuesday a huge success. I also wanted to congratulate everyone on a super successful performance at our first away football game last Friday vs. Keller Central. I could not have been happier with how well the band travelled, performed, and most importantly enjoyed being in a football game atmosphere again. It was a great week for sure!
We’re looking forward to a solid week of rehearsals hoping to finishing out most of Mvt. 2 of “The Ruins” as well as having a great performance at our First Home Football Game of the Season vs. Haltom High School at the FAAC on Friday night.
The schedule for the week is as follows:
“Normal Rehearsal Week”
Monday –Varsity Rehearsal
· 3:30 - 6:30pm Varsity Rehearsal
Tuesday – Varsity Rehearsal
· 3:30 – 6:00pm Varsity Rehearsal
Wednesday – All Region Master Class “B Week”
· Required for All Members of the Wind Ensemble / Highly Encouraged for All
· 3:00 – 4:00pm – French Horn (Cheripka) Euphonium (Stover) Low Clarinet (Mitchell)
· 4:00 -5:00pm – Saxophones (Cheripka) Tuba (Stover) Bassoon (Mitchell)
Thursday – Non Varsity / Varsity Rehearsal
· 3:30 – 4:00pm Non Varsity Rehearsal / Field Entry
· 4:00 – 4:30pm Spirit Show
· 4:30 – 6:00pm Non Varsity is Dismissed / Varsity Rehearsal
Friday – BHS vs. Haltom Home Football Game
· 3:15 – 4:00pm Dress Rehearsal / Run Through
· 3:50pm – Go Home / Shower / Eat Dinner
· 5:50pm – Band Hall Opens
· 6:15pm – Inspection in the Cafeteria
o Show Shirt / Full Marching Band Uniform with Game Day Ball Cap (No Shako, Plume, Gauntlets, or Gloves, yes we will wear our marching band shoes)
· 6:25pm – Depart for the FAAC
· 6:40pm – Pregame Activities Begin
· 7:00pm – Kick Off
· 8:30pm ish – Halftime Performance
· 10:00pm ish – Game Ends / Group Dismissal
· 10:30pm ish – Parent Pick Up / Go Home!!!
Private Lesson Enrollment – Please use the link below to enroll in our Private Lesson Program. Birdville High School has an absolutely phenomenal Private Lesson Faculty and has financial aide available to help pay for you lessons. Every Member of the Wind Ensemble (Varsity Concert Band) is expected to study privately along with the top few chairs of the Symphonic Band. Every member of the Birdville High School Band program is strongly encourage to study privately.
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Director of Bands
Birdville High School
Birdville Independent School District