Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
I hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy. Needless to say, a lot has happened in the last few weeks and some big decision have been made about the start of school and what is allowed outside of the school day. One of the biggest things that was released is that we are finally allowed to meet in person in small groups and practice outside!!! With that being said, we are going to do a short week of rehearsals August 3rd – 7th. In preparation for the week of rehearsals, we are going to do a zoom meeting with the leadership team on Monday, July 27th from 10:00am-10:45am. We will also have our final marching instrument pick up session this coming Wednesday, July 29th from 5:00- 7:00pm in the BHS Band Hall for anyone who was unable to pick up their marching instrument at any other time this summer. We are also going to do a zoom full band / parent meeting on Thursday July 30th at 6:30pm – 7:15pm to talk about new procedures and safety precautions, as well as what to wear / what not to wear / what to bring exc… for August Camp.
The daily schedule for August Camp will be as followed:
Monday – Friday
· Please be sure to do your COVID-19 prescreening at home before coming to rehearsal.
· All groups will start in the Band Hall social distanced for a meet and greet on day number one
· All other days we will meet directly at the practice field in your designated areas
· 8:00 – 9:45am (Flutes – Ms. Chang, Clarinets – Mr. Cheripka, Alto Saxophones – Mr. Stover, Battery Percussion – Mr. Figueredo)
· 9:45am – 10:00am – Group 1 Departs
· 10:00am – 10:15am Group 2 Arrives
· 10:15 – 12:00pm (Low Woodwinds – Ms. Chang, Trumpets – Mr. Cheripka, Trombones – Mr. Stover, Front Ensemble Percussion – Mr. Figueredo)
· 12:00pm – 12:15 Group 2 Departs
· 12:15pm Groups 3 Arrives
· 12:30pm- 2:15 ( Color Guard – Ms. Chang, Mellophones – Mr. Cheripka, Euphoniums & Tubas – Mr. Stover)
UIL Physical Clearance Form for all new students to the Mighty Hawk Band – If you are an incoming freshman or new to the Mighty Hawk Band, it is important that you fill out and bring the attached UIL Physical Clearance form with you to Monday’s rehearsal. You can access and print the PDF form from the UIL Website by clicking on the link https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/PrePhysFormRvsd4_24_20.pdf
You will not be able to rehearse with us unless wehave your form. One change from years past due to COVID-19, if you are 100% healthy and answered no to all of the questions, your parents may sign the form and you are considered cleared to participate by UIL. If you answered yes to any of the questions, you will need to have a doctor fill out the physical evaluation and clear you before participation is allowed. Please be sure to bring the form with you on Monday August 3rd and we will collect them in the band hall before heading out to the practice field.
We are so excited to see you guys again. It’s been way too long. If you’re a freshman or new to the Mighty Hawk Band, we’re looking forward to meeting you. See you guys this Thursday VIA zoom for the meeting!
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Director of Bands
Birdville High School
Birdville Independent School District
This email has been sent via Charms Office Assistant on behalf of:Birdville High School Band 9100 Mid Cities Blvd North Richland Hills, TX 76180