Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
We had a great week of rehearsals this past week and are looking forward to our First Performance next Friday at the UIL Preview Concert.
The schedule for the week is as follows: (Altered Rehearsal Week due to UIL Preview Concert)
Monday – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal / Symphonic Woodwinds / Winter Guard Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 5:00pm Wind Ensemble Rehearsal – Band Hall
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Symphonic Band Woodwind Rehearsal
· 4:30 – 6:30pm Winter Guard Rehearsal - Gym
Tuesday – Wind Ensemble Brass / Symphonic Band Rehearsal / Winter Guard Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Wind Ensemble Brass Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 5:00pm Symphonic Band
· 3:00 – 6:30pm Winter Guard Rehearsal - Gym
Wednesday – Concert Band Rehearsal / Symphonic Band Brass
· 3:15 – 4:45pm Concert Band Rehearsal – Band Hall
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Symphonic Band Brass
Thursday – Wind Ensemble Woodwinds / Symphonic Band Rehearsal / Winter Guard
· 3:00 – 5:00pm – Wind Ensemble Woodwind Rehearsal
· 3:30 – 4:30pm – Wind Ensemble Percussion Sectional – Percussion Hall
· 4:30 – 6:30pm – Symphonic Band Rehearsal – Band Hall
· 4:30 – 7:30pm – Winter Guard Rehearsal - Gym
Friday – UIL Preview Concert
· 4:00 – 5:00pm – Concert Band (Dress = Concert Black)
o 3:50 – Call Time in Band Hall
o 4:00 – Warm Up
o 4:30 – Concert Performance
o 4:45 – Sight Read
o 5:55 - Transition
· 5:00 – 6:00pm – Symphonic Band (Dress = Concert Black)
o 4:50pm – Call Time in Jazz Hall
o 5:00pm Warm Up
o 5:30pm Concert Performance
o 5:50pm Sight Read
o 6:00pm Transition
· 6:00 – 7:15pm – Wind Ensemble (Dress = Concert Black)
o 5:50 – Call Time in Jazz Hall
o 6:00pm Warm Up
o 6:30pm Concert Performance
o 6:55pm Sight Read
o 7:05pm Clean Up
o 7:15pm Go Home / Enjoy your Weekend
UIL Preview Concert – We are very excited for our first performance of the Spring Semester at our annual UIL Preview Concert. Due to CDC best practices and UIL guidelines, this year’s event will be a virtual event only. While this event will not be “live streamed,” a link to the concert performances will be emailed out once the videos are finished processing. Dress for the band members is “Concert Black.” This is different than our usual Tuxedo / Gown due to student risks of trying on and swapping concert uniforms with other students.
Concert Black is the same for both male and female and consists of the following:
·Black Long Sleeve Button Down Collar Shirt, Black Under Shirt, Black Dress Slacks, Black Belt, Black Calf High Socks, Black dress shoes for men, black flats for ladies
If you have any financial troubles securing the correct concert black attire for your student, please contact the band staff and we will help find a solution for you.
Charms Calendar – With us finally having a solid understanding of how the upcoming events will function in the COVID-19 era, we have the charms calendar back up and running for all upcoming rehearsals / events. You can access the calendar by going to the Mighty Hawk Band website, scrolling down to the upcoming section, and clicking on the online calendar button. We hope that the updated calendar will help with future planning. Thank you guys again for bearing with us through this crazy year.
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Director of Bands
Birdville High School
Birdville Independent School District