Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
We hope that everyone had a safe and restful Spring Break and is looking forward to the upcoming UIL Concert and Sight Reading Competition this week.
The schedule for the week is as follows: (Altered Rehearsal Week due to UIL C & SR Competition)
Monday – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal / Symphonic & Concert Band Woodwinds / Winter Guard
· 3:00 – 5:00pm Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Symphonic Band Woodwind Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:00pm Concert Band Woodwind Rehearsal
· 4:30 – 6:30pm Winter Guard Rehearsal
Tuesday – Wind Ensemble Brass / Symphonic Band Rehearsal / Concert Band Brass Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Wind Ensemble Brass Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 5:00pm Symphonic Band Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:00pm Concert Band Brass Rehearsal
Wednesday – Concert Band Rehearsal / Symphonic Band Brass Rehearsal
· 3:15 – 4:45pm Concert Band Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Symphonic Band Brass Rehearsal
Thursday – Wind Ensemble Woodwinds / Symphonic Band Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 4:30pm – Wind Ensemble Woodwind Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 5:00pm – Symphonic Band Rehearsal
Friday – UIL Concert and Sight Reading Competition
· Dress is Concert Black (Same as the UIL Preview Concert)
· 4:00pm – Concert Band Warm-Up
· 4:30pm – Concert Band Concert Performance
· 4:45pm – Concert Band Sight Reading
· 5:00pm – Symphonic Band Warm-Up
· 5:30pm – Symphonic Band Concert Performance
· 5:50pm – Symphonic Band Sight Reading
· 6:05pm – Wind Ensemble Warm-Up
· 6:35pm – Wind Ensemble Concert Performance
· 6:55pm – Wind Ensemble Sight Reading
Upcoming Jazz Dinner and Auction – A Note From Our Dinner Auction Chair
On behalf of the Birdville High School Mighty Hawk Band we are requesting your support of the Annual Jazz Dinner and Auction, a very special event that highlights the accomplishments of the Jazz Bands and helps raise funds for the continuation of the band program and Birdville High School. The Jazz Dinner and Auction will be held on Friday, April 30th at the Hurst Conference Center.
We are hoping this year’s event will be a tremendous success, raising $15,000 - $20,000 for the Band.
The Jazz Dinner/Auction is one of our biggest fundraising events of the year. The money raised from this event helps to keep our band fees at a minimum. This is where we need your help! We need items to auction off.
If you have items or services to donate for the auction please email Danielle Russell-Manning and email@example.com or call/text (480) 432-5694 to donate items. In past years we have auctioned off Cowboys, Rangers, and Stars Tickets, Vacation Get-A-Ways, American Airline miles, TVs, Apple products, Golf Tickets, and lots of Mighty Hawk Band keep sakes just to name a few . We cannot do any of this without the support of our Band Family and need your help. No item donation or service is too small. In return for your donation, we would like to offer you the following promotional consideration:
Recognition in the dinner program
Recognition on auction signage
Recognition on the Mighty Hawk Band website
Recognition on all Mighty Hawk social media venues
Thank you so very much for your consideration and willingness to support our program.
Danielle Russell-Manning (Jazz Dinner / Auction Chair)
Charms Calendar – With us finally having a solid understanding of how the upcoming events will function in the COVID-19 era, we have the charms calendar back up and running for all upcoming rehearsals / events. You can access the calendar by going to the Mighty Hawk Band website, scrolling down to the upcoming section, and clicking on the online calendar button. We hope that the updated calendar will help with future planning. Thank you guys again for bearing with us through this crazy year.
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Director of Bands
Birdville High School
Birdville Independent School District