Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
Let me start by saying “I miss you guys!!!”.
It’s pretty crazy to think that we’ve not been together for almost a month. At any rate, I hope that everyone is being safe, smart, and washing their hands like crazy. I’m sure that you have a lot of question regarding what is going to happen in the band world for the next few weeks as we all shelter in place and do our part to combat COVID-19. I’m going to do my best to proactively answer as many of them as possible.
· UIL Concert and Sight Reading Competition / State Evaluation – All UIL events have been cancelled by the state for the 2020 Spring Semester. They will not be rescheduled.
· Jazz Dinner and Auction – We are postponing the event indefinitely. If we get the
opportunity to return back to school, we’ll announce a new date (most likely the end of May).
· Spring Senior Recognition Concert – We are postponing the event indefinitely. If we get the opportunity to return back to school, we’ll announce a new date (most likely the very beginning of May).
· BISD Solo Contest – As of right now, BISD is still planning to have the event as long as we return to school by the end of April. If anything changes, I’ll be sure to let you guys know.
· Band Banquet – We will do everything that we can to have some type of year in review celebration. If we return to school before the original date of May 8th it will be business as usual. If we return later than that, we will come up with an alternate plan.
· Concerto Contest – The Concerto Contest will happen one way or another. The staff has talked and even if the BISD Solo Contest is cancelled, we will have a video audition for the concerto contest. More info to come on that later.
Online learning – Hopefully all of you have been practicing your instruments in some capacity (Band Music, Solo, or at the very least fundamentals) throughout the past month. What our online learning will look like is no different than how we’ve done accountability assessments in the past, Pass off’s!
Please look for a separate email from your individual band director for each band class to see what your pass off for the week will be. Assignments will be sent out to you Sunday night of each week and will be due to your director by 11:59pm Friday. All pass off’s will be the usual format (Say your name, what you will be performing, turn your metronome on, play the assignment). Wind Ensemble / Jazz Ensemble assignments will be due to Mr. Cheripka, Symphonic Band / FPJ assignments will be due to Mr. Alkazzaz, Concert Band / Winterguard assignments will be due to Ms. Chang, and all percussion assignments will be due to Mr. Figueredo. I’m looking forward to seeing / hearing you guys!
Remember, Stay Calm, and Wash Your Hands! BBE!
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Director of Bands
Birdville High School
Birdville Independent School District
This email has been sent via Charms Office Assistant on behalf of:Birdville High School Band 9100 Mid Cities Blvd North Richland Hills, TX 76180