Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
Let me start by saying “I miss you guys!!!”.
It’s pretty crazy to think that we’ve not been together for almost a month. At any rate, I hope that everyone is being safe, smart, and washing their hands like crazy. I’m sure that you have a lot of question regarding what is going to happen in the band world for the next few weeks as we all shelter in place and do our part to combat COVID-19. I’m going to do my best to proactively answer as many of them as possible.
· UIL Concert and Sight Reading Competition / State Evaluation – All UIL events have been cancelled by the state for the 2020 Spring Semester. They will not be rescheduled.
· Jazz Dinner and Auction – We are postponing the event indefinitely. If we get the
opportunity to return back to school, we’ll announce a new date (most likely the end of May).
· Spring Senior Recognition Concert – We are postponing the event indefinitely. If we get the opportunity to return back to school, we’ll announce a new date (most likely the very beginning of May).
· BISD Solo Contest – As of right now, BISD is still planning to have the event as long as we return to school by the end of April. If anything changes, I’ll be sure to let you guys know.
· Band Banquet – We will do everything that we can to have some type of year in review celebration. If we return to school before the original date of May 8th it will be business as usual. If we return later than that, we will come up with an alternate plan.
· Concerto Contest – The Concerto Contest will happen one way or another. The staff has talked and even if the BISD Solo Contest is cancelled, we will have a video audition for the concerto contest. More info to come on that later.
Online learning – Hopefully all of you have been practicing your instruments in some capacity (Band Music, Solo, or at the very least fundamentals) throughout the past month. What our online learning will look like is no different than how we’ve done accountability assessments in the past, Pass off’s!