Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
We had a great week of Concert Rehearsals last week and an absolutely wonderful turn out at our 8th grade recruiting social last Thursday. A very special thank you goes out to the Mighty Hawk Band "Hawk Ambassadors" and Leadership for putting together some fun games and activities. A special thank you goes out to the BUBB parents for putting together and serving our meal as well. It was a great night!
We’re looking forward to another great week of concert ensemble rehearsals, the TMEA All Region 31 Jazz Band Clinic and Concert, and our Mock Auditions for the All Region Band Candidates. We’re also really excited to bring back our annual service project “The Mighty Hawk Band Canned Food Drive” for the BISD Christmas Providers.
The schedule for the week is as followed:
Monday – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal / Canned Food Drive Begins
· 7:00am – Mighty Hawk Band Canned Food Drive Begins
· 3:00 – 4:30pm Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
Tuesday – All Region Jazz Band Clinic
· All Region Jazz Folks Dismissed from their 7th period Class
· 3:00-5:30pm Rehearsal @ Carroll Senior High School
· 5:30-7:00pm Dinner on your Own
· 7:00-9:00pm Rehearsal
Wednesday – Concert Band Rehearsal / All Region Jazz Dress Rehearsal and Concert
· 3:15 – 4:45pm Concert Band Rehearsal
· 4:00 – 6:00pm All Region Jazz Band Dress Rehearsal @ Carroll Senior High School
· 6:00 – 7:00pm Dinner on your Own
· 7:30pm – All Region 31 Jazz Band Concert @ Carroll Senior High School
Thursday – Symphonic Band Rehearsal
· 3:00 – 5:00pm – Symphonic Band Rehearsal
Friday – All Region Mock Auditions
· 2:40pm - Mighty Hawk Band Canned Food Drive Ends
· 3:00 – 5:00pm Mock Auditions
· Saxophone, French Horn, Bb Clarinet, Trumpet – Mr. Cheripka
· Oboe, Bassoon, Low Clarinet, Flute – Ms. Mitchel
· Bass Trombone, Tenor Trombone – Mr. Davis
· Euphonium, Tuba – Mr. Copeland
“The Mighty Hawk Band Canned Food Drive” – We are super excited to get to bring back our annual canned food drive to help out families in need this holiday season. Per usual, to make things a little more fun, we will collect items based on Winter Concert Ensembles (Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Concert Band, and Colorguard). The Ensemble that collects the most canned goods by the end of the school day on Friday will receive doughnuts one morning when we return after the Thanksgiving Break. Let’s make it happen everyone!!!
For the most up to date information – Please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band).
Director of Bands