Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
Congratulations to everyone on a great performance at the Homecoming Football Game this past Friday vs. Little Elm. It’s great to see the show starting to come together with the addition of the props to the field. A special thanks to all of our parents who helped move equipment on and off the field. We couldn’t do it without you!
Congratulations also goes out to all of the folks who auditioned at the TMEA All Region 31 Jazz Band Auditions this past Saturday at Southlake Carroll High School. I am very proud to say that we had 10 students make the All Region 31 Jazz Bands at had 7 students Advance on to the Area round of Competition (ties the school record for the most students advancing to Area Jazz ever). Those Students are:
· Brady Goar – 2nd overall Alto Saxophone (Advanced to AREA)
· Robbie Baum – 1st Overall Tenor Trombone (Advanced to AREA)
· Darynn Salinas – 8th Overall Region Tenor Trombone
· Douglas Sisk – 2nd Overall Bass Trombone (Advance to AREA)
· Jonathan Schirmer – 2nd Overall Trumpet (Advance to AREA)
· Michael Thilges – 3rd Overall Trumpet (Advance to AREA)
· Matthew Leeper – 6th Overall Trumpet
· Noah Strickland – 1st Overall Bass Guitar (Advance to AREA)
· Nathan Gram – 1st Overall Jazz Guitar (Advance to AREA)
· Macie Pope – 3rd Overall Drumset
We’re looking forward to putting Mvt III of our show on the field this week, our 20th annual “Fall Rally” along with having our third football game of the season this coming Friday vs. Weatherford.
The schedule for the week is as follows:
Monday – Varsity Rehearsal in the FAAC
· 6:00-9:00pm – Varsity Rehearsal under the lights in the FAAC